Choose a water heater that will provide enough hot water for your family while also being energy efficient. Consider the different types of water heaters available, as well as their sizes and fuel sources.
Water heaters are available in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Before making a purchase, a buyer should be aware of the following types of water heaters:
- Storage Installing a Quality Water heater installation Orange County, as they are known, ensures a constant supply of hot water. Multiple users of hot water at the same time, as well as visitors, increase the demand for hot water in the home.
- Tankless water heaters heat water as it is needed, rather than in a storage tank. This type of Quality Water heater installation Orange County is meant to provide a steady supply of hot water.
- Heat pump water heaters save money and energy by transferring heat rather than producing it.
- Solar water heaters use the heat of the sun to provide hot water while also saving you money.
- The space heating system is used to heat the water in tankless coils and indirect water heaters.
Criteria for Selection
When selecting a water heater for your home, keep the following factors in mind:
- The type of fuel, availability and cost are all important considerations. In addition to annual operating costs, the type of fuel or energy source you use for water heating influences the size and energy efficiency of the heater.
- Size. A well-designed water heater will provide sufficient hot water while also increasing efficiency. More information about water heater sizing can be found in the professional Water heater installation Orange Countysections.
- Energy conservation. Check the energy efficiency of a water heater before purchasing it to save energy and money. It is possible to assess the energy efficiency of various types of Quality Water heater installations in Orange County.
- Costs. When shopping for a water heater, calculate the annual operating costs and compare them to models that are less or more energy efficient. Look for ways to save hot water, such as washing clothes in cold water rather than hot water. To reduce your water heating costs, you may want to consider options such as drain-water heat recovery.
If you have access to a variety of fuel sources, especially if you’re building a new home, you should look into fuel costs. Using a different fuel or energy source can help you save money on a new water heater. Changing fuels incurs additional expenses, such as replacing circuit breakers and running gas lines to the water heater and venting them outside. For the most recent fuel prices, contact your local utility.
Your water heating costs will also be affected by the type of water heater you choose. A water heater may use one fuel source more efficiently than another. An electric heat pump water heater frequently outperforms an electric classic storage water heater in terms of heating capacity and efficiency. Even if local natural gas prices are lower, an electric heat pump water heater may be less expensive than a gas-fired typical storage water heater.
Author Bio:- Michael Cabral
Michael is a marketing manager at EZ Heat and Air. He loves writing about innovative and hybrid HVAC installation tips. His articles help readers to have valuable insights into the importance of duct cleaning, water heater maintenance, and repair, optimum working of the thermostat, Mini-split and heat pump installation in Orange County. Read articles for more information on keeping your HVAC system in tip-top condition and leading a hassle-free life.