The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is designed to give selected Ontario immigrants interested in moving to Ontario the opportunity to apply for permanent residency in Canada. There are two different ways to deal with Ontario PNP nominations. Apart from Express Entry, a foreigner can contact Immigration Ontario and apply directly to the OINP. If he gets the offer of a provincial nomination, he can then create a Canadian Express Entry visa profile and add his Ontario nomination details.
Advantages of Ontario PNP:
Ontario PNP program allows Canadian provinces to invite immigrants who meet the needs of their labour markets. Express Entry candidates for Canada who received provincial nominations were successfully confirmed to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) permanent residence in Canada. With the provincial nomination, candidates received 600 points from the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) added to their base result, which is more than enough to earn ITA in the next Express Entry.
- No Express Entry in 2021
Canada has not participated in the entry of Express Entry to anyone other than PNP candidates since September 2021. Immigration Minister Sean Fraser has not yet confirmed when the nomination for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) will start but added that it would begin again shortly.
Throughout 2021, Express Entry representatives in Ontario with more than 467 numbers did not get invited to apply for nominations. Only PNP candidates were invited. As a result, some nominees were trying to reduce their points in the pool to get a nomination.
As per the new 2022-2024 Immigration Levels Plan, Canada expects to bring 83,500 immigrants to both categories in line with the Canadian Express Entry-aligned visa and PNP base this year. The new targets are more prominent than what the government predicted in the end-of-life program, which was 81,500 PNP immigrants by 2022, and 83,000 by 2023.
- Recent data about the Ontario PNP program:
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has invited candidates who may be eligible for the Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP). These candidates were needed to have a profile in the Express Entry System with a school of Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) between 455 and 600.
It’s the second time Ontario has decided to remove the CRS cap again. Now, it will obtain a maximum of 600 for most Express Entry candidates without a provincial nomination. Before this acquisition, candidates whose CRS points are above the limit will not be eligible to apply for nomination.
Following are the crucial data of the program:
- Ontario’s biggest draw for the year so far was January 27, when the province invited 1,032 Skilled Trades Stream candidates to run.
- On February 22, Ontario invited 773 Express Entry people working in targeted jobs to apply for nominations in the province.
- On the same day, Ontario also released an eight-employer job offer. Invitations for the distribution of foreign workers, this time, were given to the nominees for the Economic Mobility Pathways Project.
- On February 23, the province announced that those who want invitations to apply for Entrepreneur Stream no longer need to contact the program to apply for an EOI registration form but can now register for EOI using the e-Filing Portal.
- Finally, on February 24, Ontario issued an invitation to 818 students who may be eligible for the Express Entry Skilled Trades broadcast in Ontario and, like the Express Entry HCP broadcast, removed the CRS cap.
- In total, Ontario has invited 3,176 people to apply for nominations in the province, which is more than any other province.
Qualifications of candidates:
- Candidates must be Ontario citizens with a valid work permit to qualify.
- They must have one year of full-time or equivalent part-time work experience.
- They must have this work experience in the province incompetent trade recognized by Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC) as a Subgroup 633 or a Group 72, 73, or 82.
- You do not require something like a job offer to appeal for Skilled Trades Stream, but candidates must meet all the government and the provincial standards. To get consideration for a provincial nomination, you must first submit a Canadian Express Entry program profile.
Express Entry is the quickest and most trusted route to permanent residence for immigrants seeking a new life in Canada.
To get consideration for a provincial nomination, you have to first submit a Visa profile to the Canadian Express Entry system. Express Entry is a kind of application management system that allows persons to apply directly to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residency. It is not itself an immigration program, but it manages applications for the Canadian Experience Class, the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and the Federal Skilled Worker Program.
If you cover up the requirements for any of these programs, you are eligible to create a Canadian Express Entry profile. After downloading the papers, you will be given points based on your work experience, education, age, and language skills in English or French, among other factors. Students with the best grades will get awarded ITA, which allows them to seek permanent accommodation.
Read More About Marketinic.