EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization) is an abbreviation for Employees Provident Fund Organization. EPFO is a retirement plan to which the firm and the employee both contribute. This is also known as the EPFO UAN Login mechanism. This method is supported by a small amount of the employee’s salary. This meagre payout will grow till he retires. When the employee retires, he will be able to claim the accrued fund. Form 19 must be completed by the employee in order to claim the accrued fund. As a result, if the employee intends to receive the entire payment after leaving the company, he or she must fill out Form 19. Typically, this paperwork is required for full and final settlement.
Features of Form 19
When completing Form 19, you will be required to provide some information. The details are provided below.
- Full Name of the Member
- Name of the Father or Name of the Husband (for Married Woman)
- Account Number (P.F.) or Universal Account Number (UAN)
- Date of Birth,
- Factory/Establishment Name,
- The Joining Date i.e. the date on which you joined the organisation.
- Account Number (Permanent) Service Termination Date
- Member’s Health Contraction/Discontinuation of Employer’s Business Other Causes Outside the Member’s Control/Personal Reasons (PAN Card Details)
- Savings when paying with a complete postal address
- Number of your bank account IFS Code Name of the Bank Branch Address
- Both the employee and the employer must sign the form when it has been completed.
Form 19 must be completed within two months of the date of retirement or quitting the job. In order to finalise the final settlement, the employee must provide his registered phone number. EPFO Form 19 can be completed either online or offline. You must include your PAN card number when completing this form. In the event of an offline settlement, both the employer’s signature and the organisation’s seal are required.
Form 19 Process in EPFO
When you change employment, your EPF passbook, which you can use to carry out your PF Balance check with a UAN Number account, is normally transferable from your prior company to the new one. If you would rather close your PF account than transfer it. Form 19 must be completed for the final settlement. Follow the steps mentioned below to fill out the EPF Form 19 online:
- Log in to your EPFO Member Login Portal to access your UAN Account.
- From the Online Services menu, select the Claim (Form-31, 19, & 10C) option.
- Now enter the last four numbers of your bank account and click the Verify button.
- Then, click the ‘Yes’ option to sign the Certificate of Undertaking.
- Open the drop-down menu in the “I want to apply for” area. Choose Only PF Withdrawal from the various alternatives available (Form-19).
- A new section of the form will now be displayed. You must include your whole address there.
- Then, tick the Disclaimer box and click the Get Aadhar OTP button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the given field. Simply click the Submit button to submit your application.
- When you successfully submit your application, a reference number will show on the screen.
- Within 15-20 working days, you will get the withdrawal amount in your account.
If you are not eligible for a final settlement, you will not be able to view Form 19 in the drop-down menu. However, there are a few things you should always keep in mind while filling out EPFO Form 19. Among them are the following:
- In order to participate in the EPF member portal, your UAN must be active.
- Your bank account and PAN card should be connected to your UAN.
- The UAN should be linked to the employee’s mobile phone number as well.
Read Also: Understand Everything About CIBIL Score