Skin allergy is a common reaction of your immune system to anything they consider a threat to your body. The best way to prevent any form of skin allergy is by avoiding or restricting contact with any form of allergen.
If left untreated, skin allergy can worsen and disrupt your day-to-day activities. However, you may never know when you get in touch or contact an allergen intentionally or unintentionally.
No matter what, you’ve got nothing to worry about, as there are several home remedies to your rescue.
Home Remedies To Treat Your Skin Allergy Without Any Hassle
People have been using numerous home remedies for decades to relieve their skin allergy symptoms without much hassle. Here is a list of a few most popular skin allergy home remedies:
It is a great source of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties – which are all excellent bio-active properties for coping with allergies. Such properties will help you soothe and comfort the itching from the skin allergy.
Some well-known methods of using oatmeal to relieve skin allergy reactions involve oatmeal poultices or oatmeal baths. Powered oatmeal is the main component for both. Grind any store-bought oatmeal, crush it into a fine powder, and you’ve got your powdered oatmeal.
For Oatmeal Bath:
- Take a bathtub of lukewarm water and add one cup of powdered oatmeal to it.
- Stir and mix them well to make a perfect blend.
- Dive your body into the tub and let your body stay immersed completely.
- Set the clock timer for 30 minutes and after that, rinse yourself in a nice, cool shower.
For Oatmeal Poultice:
- Take a mixing bowl and add one-fourth of the powdered oatmeal to it.
- Pour and mix distilled water on the powdered oatmeal. (pour one tbsp of water at a time)
- Keep adding water and mixing them until you get a smooth blended paste.
- Take the paste and apply it to the part of your affected skin.
- Take a moistened cloth to bandage that skin part gently.
- Give it 30 minutes, remove the moist cloth, and use cool water to rinse the skin gently.
- Lastly, ensure moisturizing the skin part.
Alternative Choice: Instead of water, you can also add four drops of lavender essential oil, one teaspoon of coconut oil, or both.
Do you know that your skin may have a pH imbalance? This can be easily addressed by baking soda. Baking soda serves the purpose of an anti-inflammatory agent to soothe and relax your skin allergy.
For Baking Soda Paste:
- Take 12 tablespoons of distilled water and mix it with four tablespoons of baking soda. Stir and mix it well until it turns into a perfectly blended paste.
- Once done, apply the paste onto the allergic skin area where you feel itchiness.
- Keep it for ten minutes, take off the bandage or paste, and rinse the skin part with cool water.
Alternative Choice: You can use coconut oil instead of water as well.
For Baking Soda Bath:
- Take a bathtub of lukewarm water and mix one cup of baking soda in it.
- Stir them well until mixed properly.
- Dip your entire body into the bathtub. Stay immersed for at least 15 minutes.
- Once done, come out and rinse your body in a lukewarm, gentle shower.
Fresh Aloe Vera
As you may know, aloe vera has been people’s go-to remedial and healing plant for centuries. This has always been the best plant for ultimate skin care.
Not only does it help in healing your wounds, but it also comes with high antioxidant, antiviral, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
For Using Aloe Vera:
- You can use clear gel skin care products made of only fresh aloe vera leaves to soothe and relax irritated and itchy skin.
- Wash and dry the skin portion that has been affected by allergies before applying any aloe vera product. Doing so will ensure a high absorption rate.
- If you have an aloe vera plant in your house, cut open a leaf, take out the white-colored gel, and use it directly on the affected area of your skin.
If you have a skin allergy to any animal, plant, food, or substance, you can find relief from the home remedies that we’ve mentioned in this article. However, if your skin allergy worsens or you require any medication, consult a doctor.
Skin allergy experts at Apollo Hospitals will perform a detailed evaluation of your skin allergy condition, provide top-notch diagnosis, find out what causes your skin allergy, and offer the best possible treatment solution to it.
So, before your allergies get any worse, visit the Ask Apollo website, find the best available doctor for your preferred date, and book an appointment today!